Be Free! A 5 month leadership course for people affected by Covid-19, supported by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- Has your confidence been adversely affected by COVID-19?
- Do you want to gain new skills, find employment or explore a new career path?
- Are you looking for new opportunities to develop your leadership skills?
- Do you have a new business, project or idea you are looking to launch? Or are you an established business looking to adapt and grow?
Be Free! is a five-month personal leadership programme in Islington to support people who have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 crisis. It is being co-ordinated by Freedom Works UK with the support of The National Lottery Community Fund.
- At least 8 places will be offered to Black, Asian and minority ethnic participants.
- At least 10 places will be offered exclusively for people living in Islington. We are committed to creating equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
- The course will run from November 2020 to March 2021 through a mixture of group workshops and one-to-one support. Dates and times will be confirmed and agreed with the participants nearer the start.
- Participants will gain experience of leadership by leading a small-scale community project.
Our aim is to help you achieve a goal that is important to you. For example, exploring a new career path, securing employment or volunteering, taking the first steps in starting a new business, or adapting and growing an existing business.
You will get practical support, coaching and mentoring. There will be learning events and opportunities to meet and network with employers and businesses, including master classes and mentoring.
The course will help you to:
- reach your potential and feel more confident in your abilities
- manage your wellbeing and thrive;
- develop your leadership, communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills through leading your own volunteer project;
- support others who are struggling;
- adapt to changing life and work situations, with practical job/business-related skills and increased emotional and financial resilience.
The programme is supported by funding from the Coronavirus Community Support Fund, distributed by The National Lottery Community Fund. This is helping us to deliver the project and make places on the course free to participants.
Due to the limited number of places on this programme, we cannot guarantee you a place on this course. We have a selection process (an application form and interview) to select candidates who will be most suited to the course:
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed residents from Islington who will fully commit to and take advantage of this opportunity to make a difference to themselves and others.
Nb. This course has now closed for applications. Please get in touch with Ken below to discuss alternative workshops.
We will be in touch with you to arrange a personal interview by Zoom as soon as possible. Each applicant will be offered this. It is an opportunity for us to hear a bit more about your situation and what you hope to achieve.
For an informal conversation about the course to see if it is right for you, or to find out more, please contact:
Director and Workshop Leader
Freedom Works UK:
T: 07736 392100
About Freedom Works UK
- Founded by Ken Hettiarachi and Chris Hayes in 2012 to support and promote the confidence and self-esteem of individuals through practical, results-based, and holistic group coaching and leadership development.
- Our mission remains today: to transform lives and develop leaders with a purpose.
- We do this by creating a safe space and coaching environment for our clients to identify and overcome the obstacles and produce unprecedented results that breaks the patterns of issues and circumstances that had previously prevented them from leading an enriched and fulfilled life.
- Since 2012 we have led over 20 long-term leadership programmes and supported over 150 individuals to coach themselves and live a more fulfilled life and career, from students and graduates to directors and executives. We have supported hundreds more informally through our support sessions and short workshops.